In Key Stage 1 the children are provided with a Reading Diary which is used by teachers and parents to communicate progress in reading and for other general issues. In Key Stage 2 pupils have homework diaries/reading diaries which are used to record homework, timetables and a range of activities in which pupils are involved. Please try to find a few minutes each day to check on these channels of communication.
- attending parents’ evenings;
- responding to reports and records;
- having regular informal talks with your child’s class teacher;
- attending information evenings;
- supporting activities and functions;
- reading newsletters and leaflets;
- helping your child with homework.
The staff are always willing to discuss your child’s progress with you, and to help sort out any difficulties that may arise.
We are happy for parents to call into school informally to discuss progress with the teacher. However, we also arrange a series of more formal parents’ evenings (termly) when parents have the opportunity to discuss the children’s schooling at length and a written report is sent to parents at the end of the school year.
Please see individual class zones for information.